Friday, October 12, 2012

Celebrate Good Times

We went on our first overnight trip as a family of four last weekend.  One of Shae's coworkers got married, so we went to the wedding in South Carolina.  When I told Teddy we were going on a trip, he was so excited he named his suitcase "Sukie."  After he helped me pack, he quickly rolled her to the top of the stairs and continued to periodically "check on Sukie" until we left the next day.  It was a 90 mile trip and we only had to stop 4 times.... traveling with two is definitely harder!  When we finally pulled into the hotel, Teddy said, "My cousins will be there!"  Poor guy thought we were going to visit family.  Luckily the hotel had a pool, a tv in the room (with cable!) and he got to pull "Sukie" so he   still had a blast. 
Luckily both boys still nap:
Before we left, I had to find the perfect outfit for Leo's first social event.
He was not amused to be my dress up doll.
Such handsome boys:
They must get it from their Dadda!
While juggling a 2 month old and an almost 3 year old at a reception was difficult, one thing is for sure.  Teddy had a BLAST!  He danced with every lady at the party... except for me.  When I asked to dance with him he said, "No" and ran.  At least Leo danced with me. 
Shae was a little sad that his role as best dancer at a wedding has now been taken over.  
When we left, Shae and I both felt it was at least 11:30pm... it was only 9:30.  We were all happy to get back to the hotel and to get in our comfortable pj's:
Isn't this one of the best smiles???
We even had some time to enjoy the pool:
We are in the middle of Fall Birthday Season here!  We celebrated Aunt Mir-mo's birthday this week:


Maggie read to the younger cousins. So sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment